Sunday, January 02, 2005

New Year, New Attitude

So I've spent my life being anti-new years resolutions. I suppose part of this is that my birthday is in January and I tend to make "Birthday Wishes" instead of resolutions. That way if they don't happen I don't have to hold myself accountable.

Yet here I am on January 2nd, thinking about all the things I want to acomplish this year. The last year of my life was such a complete and utter time of upheaval and change that I spent November and December of 2004 feeling like I had emotional stretch marks.

So on my first post of this blog-- ever-- I guess I'll hold myself accountable to the interweb for the things I want for myself this year.

1. Finish the kitchen remodeling project I started last year-- I mean really how hard can it be to paint for chrissakes?

2. Make my bed most days.

3. See more shows. Plays, Music, Comedy etc. Why do I live in a city if I don't take advantage of it?

4. Achieve professional goals. (Set out between Maria and I.) I'm also making it a goal to not talk about work here too much. I really hope that leaves me with something to talk about.

5. Go on vacation for at least 2 weeks this year. See goal 4 for the money to be able to do this.

So -- my motto for this year is:

Don't let your world be small. It is actually a pretty damn big place.

M.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home