Sunday, March 20, 2005

Mogget Retrospective

Last Day of Mogget 002
Last Day of Mogget 002,
originally uploaded by chelleannathome.
So, last Saturday I took Molly to the humane society so that she can find a family with no other dogs and no small children.

It was one of the hardest things I have ever done. She was terrified and she so clearly looked to me to provide her with some comfort. I am not the comfort provider for anything but my dogs. No kids, no boyfriend, no one in my family and I feel like I failed her.

When Neil and I were finally done I felt like I had failed. As if, by trying harder and working more diligently, I could have made something that was broken a long time ago come back to life.

That is how I felt about Molly, I knew this was the right thing to do and yet I feel like if I had given her more time and attention I could have kept her from hiding behind the refrigerator for an entire day or from peeing in my kitchen.

It is hard to feel like you failed and to have it hanging over you with no real end in sight. But I wanted to say that I loved that little dog even when she was weird and I miss her every day.
M.

1 Comments:

Blogger neilderbeast said...

You really, really didn't fail, baby. Not with the Mogget, not with me, not with anyone.

3:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home