Thursday, March 10, 2005

Not listening

So, it might be said I am good at talking. I can ramble on, prepare a speech off the top of my head, put together a presentation on the fly and teach anything I understand to anyone.

Why then, am I so bad at hearing things?

Why do I substiute words, phrases and intent when "listening"?

So after a lot of thought, trying to take my fears out of it, here is what I should have heard, in retrospect...

I'm not ready for a commitment and I'm maintaning my presence on match.com just to keep that line open. You have to be ok with that. The de facto truth is we spend lots of time together and I'm not really seeing anyone else. Give me space and time.

That is my best guess at intent and hopefully I'm not too far off.

M.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home