Saturday, April 02, 2005

Rule Breaker / Rule Follower

When I was in Las Vegas the founder of our company got up and introduced one of his best friends from childhood as a "character builder." He said it was important to recognize the people who you knew that enriched your character.

Maria Tomcek enriches my character every day. She leads by example rather than by demand. She has taught me the value of "done", she reiterates everyday that the only thing of value a person has is their integrity, she supports me unequivocally-- even when she thinks that I am crazy, she demands excellence from me when I would slack and she counsels me when I lose my way. When I am old and someone asks me who influenced my life. Her name is on the short list.

I am blessed with the people I have in my life, but meeting Maria and becoming her friend is one of the best things that has ever happened to me and I appreciate it every day.
M.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home