Friday, November 25, 2005

Beggars can't be choosers

So, along with the great beakup of 2005 (not to be confused with the greater breakup of 2003), my computer melted down. Or more specifically, it developed power problems. I dealt with this by having my ex boyfriend replace some parts. Unfortunately when you start replacing parts on a Dell, aparently you should just get an almost new computer. So, a new case and motherboard later things are back to normal.

Except that my computer routinely sounds like it is getting ready for takeoff. I know that the Dell had some super niose deafaning thing in it cause when Sailor Boy took it apart he said something like,
" I wondered why it was so quiet..."
I did not consider the meaning of this at the time, being more concerned for the data on my hard drive not getting fried. But now, Jack is barking at the computer from the other room. He routinely comes in and sniffs it when it makes too much noise.

It cracks me up. I'd much rather have a noisy computer than a dead computer. Still, I wonder how to sound proof it? Watch out, you might see my computer flying over the greater San Diego area any day now. I've got to get out of its path.

M.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home