Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Michelle's Operating Manual

1. How can I tell if you are angry?
How can you not? I yell, a lot. My anger is like a summer thunder storm, loud and flashy and quickly passing. If I am so mad I cannot yell I leave and come back when I am capable of speaking.

2. How should I behave around you while you are angry?
Yell back. Then when I am done yelling/you are done yelling, talk it out until we have a resolution.

3. How do you want me to behave when you are hurting emotionally? (How is best to comfort you?) Listen to me. I will tell you what I need. It usually involves distractions and hugs.

4. Are there things we should ~not~ discuss?
Nah-- most things are fair game. I will tell you if I don't want to talk about it. But you have to respect that when I say it.

5. How should I treat you if you are physically ill? Leave me alone, except to bring me things I ask for. Remind me to shower so I'll feel better.

6. What makes you happy? (that may be in my power to grant, as a friend?) My important people, sunshine, easy drama free days, my dogs. Life is pretty damn good, and I don't really take it for granted.

7. How would you like for us to recognize your birthday?
Well I tried to make it a National Holiday but aparently you have to "do" something in "service" to your country or some such crap. Come to whatever function I am having and eat cake, call me in the morning so I know you remembered, know that on my birthday I have the right to get whatever I want.

8. Are there any standing categories of presents that would be appropriate or unwelcome?
Jewlery is always good. I like silver, no yellow gold.
Do not buy me clothes or shoes. I am picky and it makes me feel bad to return gifts.

9. Are there times of the year that are difficult for you? The end of winter/early spring. I always feel like I am bursting at the seams to be outside and in the warmth. It makes me restless and impatient.

10. Are there important anniversaries that we should recognize in your life? My birthday, Jan 19th. ( only 42 more shopping days folks)

11. Who are the most important people in your life to whom we should defer when making plans on your behalf? Maria

12. What do you share with others? Whatever they need.

13. What do you NOT share with others? With strangers-- the person I really am. With anyone else, information I think is mundane and boring.

14. How does someone become your friend? Value me as much as I value them.

15. How does someone lose you as a friend? Make me feel like you could care less if you ever talked to me again. If you are more cost than benefit I will do the analysis and that will be that. If you kick my dogs I will kill you.

16. What scares you? That no one will ever love me as much as people who have already been and gone in my life.

17. About what are you most sensitive? Everything. My skin is so thin you can see through it and all my thoughts are visible. I am not fragile, just stupidly sensitive. I just pretend I'm not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home